Friday, August 11, 2006

Mystery Shawl - Final Clue (#6)

Well, I've downloaded Clue 6, the final clue for my shawl -- and I can actually start using it tonight! I finished Clue 5 (first iteration) last night. Maybe sometime next week, I'll be able to pick up the stitches in the middle, undo the provisional cast on, and re-do all of the clues for the other half of the stole.

I think I'll wait to post another picture until I'm on the second half. Clue 6 has only 33 (rather than 50) final regular rows, and doesn't end with a wrong-side (even) row. Then you go on and do an edging -- and she recommends sitting in a quiet place to do this. I guess that means I'll have to leave the house, go off somewhere else -- because as soon as I need to do something quietly, one of the guys will surely come to me and talk with a booming voice and make me jump and drop stitches!


On another note, Mark had his second official work shift on Wednesday -- followed by another last night (Thursday) because he's substituting for Jean, who also asked him to substitute for him for 6 hours on Saturday (10-4). So he's quite happy. Rather than 3 hours work this week, he'll have 12! He's counting the dollars already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really have made great progress with the stole! It's amazing that you finished Clue 5 and were ready for 6 when it was released.
As far as finding a quiet place to do the edging...you might check a local yarn store. Sometimes they have Sit 'n Knit sessions. But now that I think about it, I do not think they are quiet places. I think the women gab and help one another with their projects (with the emphasis on gab). Maybe you could go to the local library. But then again you might get someone's admiration and questions if you are working on that gorgeous stole. Hmmm. Maybe you could stay late at work?
I'm glad Mark was able to get a decent number of work hours this week. I hope he starts getting more than 3 on a regular basis.