Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Backing out a Mistake on my Mystery Stole...

I've been working on Melanie's Mystery Stole Knit-a-Long http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2006/06/mystery-stole-2006.html -- and had to "frog" (unravel) over a third of my progress last night , in order to undo a mistake. To me, it was a glaring mistake -- 9 stitches which had been knitted, rather than purled, on the wrong-side row. It left a ridge in the middle of one of the paisley/leaf sections that just marred it.

This stole is made up of 6 clues, 99 stitches wide, 50 rows per clue, which give you half of a shawl. Then you repeat the 6 clues from the middle (where you started) to create the second half. The error was 58 rows back. I was nearing the end of clue 3 -- and had to unravel more than one-clue's worth well back into clue 2.

As my sister Carol said, "I would have felt the same way ... oh, maybe I could put up with it; oh, no; it will disturb me later; I better undo it now; boo-hoo, boo-hoo, sob, sob, tears, tears, tears!"

When I get close to finishing the third clue again, I may try to post a picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Test comment.... How sad... :-<