Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Catching up my not-so-active blog!

I have several projects I've completed since last posting, so here are the first two.

This one is what I call my "utility" scarf. I wanted something that I could leave on my computer chair, to wrap around myself when I get a chill while at the computer or in the kitchen. It's from yarn I bought on a whim from eBay, on a large cone. It's called "cotton flake" yarn, and the colorway is "Tropical Nights". I worked on this a lot when I was on jury duty in January. It is a thick-and-thin yarn, and the first couple of lacy patterns that I tried with it didn't work out, so I settled for a non-lacy pattern instead. I used sort of a basketweave stitch to keep it flat, without being something that required a lot of concentration. I think I finished this in March.











The second project I completed in April, just before leaving for Turkey. I had planned to give it to Mom for her birthday, but didn't finish it in time to block it and wrap and send it, so I'll give it to her for Christmas. It's made from Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight yarn (50% silk, 50% merino wool) in Sage, which should help bring out the green in her eyes. I used the KnitPicks Candleflame pattern. Remember that you can click an image to see a larger version of the picture.

No comments: