Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Missy's Baby's afghan
The next project that I finished in this blog-posting-hiatus was a crocheted baby afghan for my colleague, Missy. This was called the "Baby Waves" pattern, from a kit that included the pattern and the yarn. After I made a few of the motifs, and saw how they'd have to be joined, I wasn't looking forward to the joinings, not only because I prefer to not have to sew motifs together, but because the motifs didn't naturally fit together. But I pursued it to the end.


Unlike some crochet projects, this definately required washing (and fabric softener to try to make the yarn a bit softer), and then full-court blocking to shape, because it was very bunchy after sewing the motifs together.



I worked on this from late March to mid-June, just barely finishing in time for the baby shower we held for her. But Missy and Conrad seemed very happy with the finished product!



No comments: