Monday, July 07, 2008

I almost started over.

OK, so I went home on Wednesday 7/2 with the determination to start over, and didn't even think twice about it. I just had to. I almost completely frogged the progress on the Estonian Garden Wrap. I had put one lifeline right in the cast-on row, because I had trouble picking up the stitches the previous time I'd done a provisional cast-on. And I had left a lifeline that was just after Row 4 of the first Little Flowers pattern, just in case.

Since there were two set-up rows, and 8 rows for each repeat of Little Flowers, that means I left in 6 rows, half of a Little Flowers repeat. I removed about 20-21 repeats of Little Flowers, and didn't even think about it. That is, I removed about 160 or more rows.

So, I almost completely started over - I'm not going to worry about the few rows I left being too loose, they'll look fine when blocked, I'm sure.

As of last night, 7/6, I finished Row 60 of Little Flowers. So I've knit 54 rows since Wednesday, or almost 7 repeats of the pattern.

No comments: