Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Baby Sarah Burns Gift Set

And, while I'm uploading pictures that have already been taken, we had a new grand-niece born in the fall, and I managed to complete a baby set for her in time. We knew it was going to be the second girl in that family, so this time I decided to do an all-pink set in Caron's Baby Simply Soft.

First, the baby set from a pattern in an old issue of Workbasket which I've made before (booties weren't included, so I used a pattern from Annie's Free Patterns of the Day for those).
.
Remember that you can click a photo to see the enlarged version.







.
.
.
.
.
Here's the whole set, including the coordinated baby afghan from the Workbasket pattern, uses a crocheted Shell Stitch, with a special Shell-with-picots edging. (I just smoothed it out rather than blocking it before the picture -- but it machine washes well, so I didn't think any slight irregularities would matter that much!):








No comments: