Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mystery Stole - Clue 4 (both charts E & F) done as of late Sunday night. 335 Rows completed as of that point!

I didn't block it, just smoothed it out on the floor. It was funny, right before the infamous Row 287, where we had to put the lifeline (which was for frogging back, if you didn't want an asymmetrical stole) -- that's where it was obvious that I finally needed to start the new skein of yarn. (It's better on lace knitting to have your yarn change at an edge).


I did start Clue 5 on Monday night. Row numbering started over -- it started with very short rows. The first Right-Side (RS) row worked over just a few of the leftmost stitches. You do extra yarn-overs, so you're always increasing a couple of stitches -- and on the Wrong-Side (WS) rows, you end by purling the last stitch with one of the hold-over stitches from Clue 4. Each RS row is 2 stitches wider than the previous RS row, if you don't count the hold-over stitches that aren't "active" for now.


I've done 59 rows of Clue 5 so far. I have "worked off" less than half of the 99 stitches that were on the stole before, and have well over 60 stitches in the currently-active row. The net effect is that the stole is poufing into an arc around where Clue 4 ended. I meant to take a picture -- maybe I'll get it when I finish tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great, I can't wait to see the picture with the start of the wing. It doesn't look like I will get back to my Mystery Stole until Friday night (at the earliest).
Which puts me 2.5 clues behind. *sigh*
(it's not a race, it's not a race)

Anita C. said...

Thank you for the encouragement! My sister Carol is about the only other regular visitor, and I don't think she's dropped by lately.

And you're not 2.5 clues behind until next Thursday night. ;-) No, it's not a race -- and it sounds like you've been working on a lot of other projects.

I only have one other active project -- my take-along for car rides or a recent train commute when my car was being serviced. It's a crocheted baby set -- I've completed the afghan (unblocked), and have started the little sacque. The set comes with a pattern for a cap. It's a nice shell-stitch pattern.

I'm using solid pink yarn because my nephew knows it's a girl this time. The couple of other times I made this set, I used variegated yarn, so it's nice to have a change of pace.

I also recently printed a pattern set from Annie's Attic Pattern-of-the-Day for 4 different booties. One is a boy's running shoe. There are two girlish ones that I might make, one accented with white, the other accented with white and yellow, I think it was.