Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mystery Stole 3 - Clue 5 done

Here's what the stole looks like in its entirety, just smoothed out, not blocked. The tails of where I added the second skein are still loose on the upper right, and I have 2 lifelines at the end of Clue 4 -- as well as a few lifelines in Clue 5, the wing. I've put a yardstick beside the stole on the left to give a sense of dimension.

It'll be bigger once I block it, but it's not going to reach the 6-ft-plus length of last year's stole, unless a future clue somehow makes it longer, which I doubt.

Here's a slightly more close-up picture of the end of Clue 4 and all of Clue 5. Remember that you can click a picture to see if in a larger size.

This is the wing as of Clue 5. It will be bigger and lacier once I block it. I finished it last night, and have marked up Clue 6 -- and am getting ready to start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita,

Your stole is really beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Alas, mine is still stalled. I will get it out and work on it, but the last two weekends have been remarkably knit-free.